Sean Connolly :: Actor & Voice Artist

Sean Connolly :: Actor & Voice Artist

Monday 21 November 2016

"I think I was the only one I hadn't heard of!" - 'BOLLYWOOD JANE' gets a radio repeat ...

 JOANNE FROGGATT, SEAN CONNOLLY and KATHERINE DOW BLYTON some of the cast of AMANDA WHITTINGTON'S radio adaptation of 'BOLLYWOOD JANE' in 2007 ...

A lovely surprise to start the week ... BBC RADIO 4 EXTRA are repeating the 2008 radio adaptation of AMANDA WHITTINGTON'S successful stage play 'BOLLYWOOD JANE' ...

Amongst the cast are GOLDEN GLOBE WINNER and 'DOWNTON ABBEY' star JOANNE FROGGATT, 'EMMERDALE' actress KATHERINE DOW BLYTON, SACHA DHAWAN from 'IN THE CLUB' and 'MR SELFRIDGE' and 'CASUALTY' and 'STELLA' actor PAL ARON ... Quite the starry cast, I think I was the only one I hadn't heard of!!
PAL ARON and SACHA DHAWAN complete the cast of AMANDA WHIITINGTON'S radio play 'BOLLYWOOD JANE' ...

So when's it on ..? Well the first of the 5 EPISODES went out this afternoon on BBC RADIO 4 EXTRA but is instantly available on the BBC iPLAYER RADIO, the rest of the 15 MINUTE DRAMA instalments coming on Tuesday through to Friday of this week at 2.30PM and 2.30AM daily. There is also an Special OMNIBUS of ALL 5 EPISODES on SUNDAY 27TH NOVEMBER @ 6AM & 1PM, then MONDAY 28TH NOVEMBER @ 1AM. So .. no excuse not to give a listen.

I play MAC, a six foot plus - well meaning builder in the drama ('anything' is possible in radio drama!). I have very happy memories of the recordings back in 2007. Original air date was in 2008.

Director was KATE CHAPMAN ...