Sean Connolly :: Actor & Voice Artist

Sean Connolly :: Actor & Voice Artist

Sunday 4 September 2016

Happy 40th Birthday to Aardman Animations ...


Aardman Animations voice actor SEAN CONNOLLY celebrates their 40th Birthday with some cherished friends ...

Today sees the 40th Anniversary of Aardman Animations, so I thought it would be fun to reflect on my own personal 16 year history with the Oscar Winning company ...

Well it all started in the new Millennia (2000) when I first worked with Aardman on their Claymation Cult Classic 'REX THE RUNT' when I was lucky to be asked to voice over 30 characters for it's second season ... Here's a little selection of the characters I played ..


Aardman Animations voice actor SEAN CONNOLLY looks back at where it all started with 'REX THE RUNT' in 2000 ...

There was then a 'small' hiatus until I was thrilled to be asked to provide about 10 human characters in the OSCAR-NOMINATED feature film 'SHAUN THE SHEEP MOVIE' ... Here's most of them!!


Aardman Animations voice actor SEAN CONNOLLY looks back at his involvement in the Oscar-Nominated 'SHAUN THE SHEEP MOVIE' ...

Then last year I was thrilled to return to AARDMAN to play ONLY ONE CHARACTER, rather than my normal host of characters!! This time it was to be the very first TV CHRISTMAS SPECIAL for 'SHAUN THE SHEEP' called 'THE FARMER'S LLAMAS' where I voiced HEAD LLAMA HECTOR ... It was transmitted on Boxing Day 2015 on BBC 1, quite an honour!!


Aardman Animations voice actor SEAN CONNOLLY remembers last Christmas' 'SHAUN THE SHEEP' special 'THE FARMER'S LLAMAS' ...

Some fantastic memories with AARDMAN over the years, let's hope there's some more, you never know. I've loved every minute of the ride so far!!